We are fully committed to implementing and complying with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Every effort is made to ensure that we handle and protect your personal data according to its requirements.
1. Site Content
You acknowledge that Content on the Site is subject to copyright and possibly other intellectual property rights (Intellectual Property Rights). Unless you are expressly authorized by law you must not by yourself or permit any other person to:
(a) license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Covered Sites;
(b) you shall not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Covered Sites;
(c) you shall not access the Covered Sites in order to build a similar or competitive service; and
(d) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Covered Sites may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means.
(e) otherwise infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of any person in using the Site or any Content.
2. Personal Data Held
There are two broad categories of personal data held in Press Mark Media Ltd. They are personal data contained in our Subscription Record, which include records containing information supplied by individuals who explore or subscribe to any print or electronic publication of Press Mark Media Ltd. Event Records, which include personal data provided to Press Mark Media Ltd. from individuals for participating promotional, entertainment and training activities organized by Press Mark Media Ltd., either on its own or jointly with its business partners.
Main Purposes of keeping Personal Data
Personal data held in:
These are kept for the purposes of: (i) administering the subscription and free trials; (ii) responding to and taking follow-up action on existing or potential subscribers’ inquiries; and (iii) improving on such services.
Please note that we need to disclose your personal data in the Subscription Records to:
(1) Credit card companies, financial institutions and debt collection agencies for processing or handling your payment and/or any amounts that you owe us;
(2) Our professional advisors (such as lawyers, accountants and financial advisors) to assist us with attending to such matters as stated in (i) and (ii) above under the “Subscription” section; and
(3) To such persons or institutions and for such purposes as required under law or by an order of a court, regulatory authority or governmental body.
These are kept for: (i) administering the promotional and entertainment activities; (ii) responding to and taking follow-up action on existing or potential attendees’ inquiries; and (iii) improving on our services.
(4) We reserve the right to use or transfer the data we receive from you, and upon competition of registration, you effectively understand and accept that said data may be circulated to whatever means that Press Mark Media Ltd. deems appropriate, in which the very definition is up to us to have a final say on.
(5) We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our web site and other web sites. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other web sites in order to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We use our best efforts to monitor our compliance with the Ordinance.
The following are maintained to ensure compliance with the Ordinance:
A Data Protection Log Book to record data access and correction requests.
A Data Protection Operations Manual to set out the operational procedures and standards for protecting personal data.
Data Access Request Form for access/correction requests relating to your personal data.
You have the right to opt-out, at any time, of any marketing materials that you have agreed to receive and/or you have been receiving.